Friday 30 November 2007

The Kigali Expat Housing Roundabout

Recently Bettine came back to Kigali after a 3 year absence – her husband is back again working for DED, a German government cooperation agency. She told me I was one of the few people still around from her former days, Kigali expats usually have a two year or under turn around time…there’s only a few odd characters who stay longer.

Bettine told me a good story the other day. She had been invited to a party at someone’s house and while being given directions to the place, she suddenly realized that the part was in fact being held at her previous residence.

Strange, incestuous ex-pat circles…

1 comment:

spin! said...

Hey,

been reading rwandatales and postcards from the edge for quite some time now. Must confess...It's been an eternity since Ive been wanting to pack my bags and take off but as is the case with most wanderers ...a false reality of friends, folks, job, home has kept me from it. Meanwhile, I'm done now ... need to go. And I wanted to talk to you in some more detail about opportunities to volunteer with meagre money. Tried looking for yourr email id .. but cant find it ... if you cld drop a line sometime .. here's my id kprashant.1984@gmail.com

cheers:)