Thursday 15 November 2007

Another day at the Bank...

I had to go to my Bank today to get them to authenticate my signature so that UBS in Switzerland can open an account for me before I get to Europe. This is so I can pay my appartment deposit so I can get the keys when I arrive. Honestly with Rwanda exit process and Swiss entry process, I may be a dribbling mess by the time i arrive. But I digress...

I am directed to a Customer Manager chick with an office and while she is gone to verify my signature with the one held on their computer, a couple of random Rwandans come into her office and talk among themselves, not really acknowledging me. Untill I hear the guy say to the woman in Kinyarwanda "Oh, this is a nice looking white lady". I turn and say thanks to him in Kinyarwanda and they both howl with laughter. And I'm in a good mood, but I still dislike the habit here of talking behind peoples back while being in front of their face, just because you assume they can't understand you.

No comments: